Here’s 4 Reasons Why You Need to Set Business Goals:
- Measure your success: Knowing where you started and how far you have come is important to the perspective and growth of your business. It’s hard to see your business growth from a day to day standpoint, however, when you measure growth and profitability you understand the big picture.
- Leadership & Teamwork: Setting goals is good for both your leadership team and your staff to find ways to work together. When everyone understands the end goal; your team’s work together and understand management decisions and priorities.
- Knowledge is Power: When you set a goals and actively monitor your progress you gain insights to your business. You’ll be able to better understand implications of decisions made by tracking errors and successes.
- Focus: Setting specific goals allows you to focus what is most important to your business. By concentrating your efforts, you’ll hone in on what steps need to be taken in order to accomplish each goal.
Now that we have some background on why setting a goal is important for your business, let’s dive into five common New Year’s Resolutions for businesses. Hopefully, you’ll find something that resonates to your business in 2018 goals.
5 New Year’s Business Resolutions
- Get Organized! Getting organized will give you clarity into the tasks that need your attention the most. Get rid of the clutter, the endless piles of paper, or just by putting everything into its proper place you’ll alleviate stress and problems.
Losing track of payments, appointments, employee information and so much more will derail you on your quest to being successful. Getting yourself organized at the start of the year will bring success throughout the year. Take advantage of programs that can do the organizational work for you. Field Nimble software and mobile apps can do this by having a centralized customer and product database. Let your whole team use one platform that gets rid of the paper and presents you professionally to your customers.
- Improve Customer Service: Improving your customer service can be as simple as making yourself more available to customers or improving your communication with them. Giving customers more outlets to reach you through support lines or social media is an excellent place to start. More channels of communication provide valuable feedback and give customers an opportunity to refer your services. Pointman’s Field Nimble app partners with Nearby Now, which can open up your lines of communications with customers allowing your techs to send out referral requests to your real customers.
- Embrace Technology and Social Media: Using technology and social media can feel like a daunting task, especially if it's not something you are familiar with. Doing away with the paper trail and transferring your business practices over to a website, mobile app, or mobile device can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are many SAAS companies that can make technology integration an easy transition for you. By going paperless, you’ll increase revenue through efficiency, better customer data, and elimination of waste and duplication. Interested? Check out Pointman apps and software for contractor and field service management.
Is social media is on your radar? If it is, start small and enter into one channel at a time. Facebook is a great first step, and it gives you a forum to get referrals, reviews and engage with customers for promotions, etc.
- Better Communication: Bad communication can lead to misunderstandings, confusion, mistakes and cost you money. Setting a resolution to improve your company's communication starts with defining the sources of confusion and identify your desired outcome. Be specific, and then outline the actions that are needed to accomplish this goal.
- Charge Your Worth: Feeling underpaid and undervalued is a common problem for many businesses. You know the time and effort you put into your work and yet you don’t reap the benefits.
Here at Pointman, we can help you figure out pricebook strategies to help you get the most revenue for the work you do. Each year your fixed costs increase, making it difficult to determine what you should be charging. Don’t get stuck into offering low prices to compete when you aren’t making ends meet.
What resonated with you on this resolution list? And, if you had to pick just one resolution for 2018, what would it be? The Pointman team is here to help you, “Win at Paperless.” Contact us to learn about paperless solutions for your home contracting business.